Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mission Call

This past week I received my mission call. 

I endured a LONG month of anticipation waiting to see where I would be serving the Lord for the next 18 months of my life. You see I am not a very patient person, so this past month was painful.

I had  mixed feelings: excitement and nerves.

I also really thought I was going to be speaking Spanish somewhere in the world, so it came to a surprise to me when I opened my call and I read:

Dear Sister Andelin:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Nevada Las Vegas West Mission...English....Provo MTC June 19


It also came as a surprise to me that I would be leaving so soon-- 6 weeks. Aaah! After the initial shock wore off, I was filled with peace. I knew this is where the Lord wants me to serve.

**Cool Side-note  My cousin, Hyrum Andelin, and I are going to the same mission on the same date, even though he opened his call a couple of months ago! I know this isn't just a coincidence... I also feel some sympathy for my mission president--- he not only has one, but TWO Andelins to put up with ;) 

I feel really at peace about my call. I had never even thought of Las Vegas, but now I can't think of anywhere else in the world I would rather go. This is really the perfect place and time for me to serve. I won't have to worry about it being cold, I will only miss one Christmas, I can come back in time for Winter Semester 2015, I don't need to worry about learning another language, I have some comfort knowing my cousin will be near, my mission president and his wife will be new and I will get to know them really well and have them my entire mission, and I already have this love developing inside of me for the people of Nevada.

I was also really touched by who came to support me either through video technology or actually being there. I felt really loved and supported. Thanks yall :)

I am a little sad at what I'll be leaving behind:

-my (crazy) family
-my friends
-school (yes, I will miss school)
-Chic-fil-a (There are none in Vegas!! Sersly, I might die. I wonder if you can ship some in  the mail...)
-boys/dating

But I can't wait to serve!!

-Smells










No comments:

Post a Comment