Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December 9: Let it snow?

Christmas season is here!

And I get to see yalls faces in less than 20 days. Weird.

In honor of the Christmas season, my tri-panionship, prepared a special Christmas message. It is really special and spiritual.

So we tell the story and prophecies of Christ's birth, using the Old Testament, New Testament, and Book of Mormon. Sister Tuia only reads from the OT, Sister Thornock reads only from the NT, and I read only from the BoM. It is really powerful, because it shows how the Bible and Book of Mormon support each other and compliment each other.

Here is the outline. You should try it using three separate people (it is more powerful that way)
Old Testament
New Testament
Book of Mormon
Isaiah 7:14
Alma 7:10
Luke 1:31,35
Isaiah 9:6 ; 2 Nephi 19:6 (read together)
Luke 2:11-14
Numbers 24:17
Helaman 14:5-6
Matthew 2:1-2 ; 9-10
3 Nephi 1:21
--Brief Pause--
3 Nephi 9:15-18 ; 21-22

We've had some really cool success with it.

I'm a little bit sad, because I really think I'm leaving this time with this new transfer. I'm a little bummed because it is right before Christmas and I've gotten really close with the people here in my area and we have special plans with some of them. I love them all. I love my companions. I love the area. I love the work. And I realize the work moves forward and that involves change. So I'm not too bummed. It'll all work out how it is supposed to.

We had a really special lesson with two less active members. From the very beginning of the lesson, the spirit was so strong. We were teaching using the pamphlets and I asked K what he saw on the front cover. (It is a picture of Christ tenderly holding a lamb) He answered and said "My brother." It was really cool though, because the spirit was there throughout the entire lesson. I am a little bummed, because during the lesson, I had the random thought "Ask him about the Law of Tithing." But I thought "What in the world? How do I ask him about that?" And I didn't. We committed them to coming to church on Sunday and they came! I was so excited. But what do you think the topic was for the talks on Sacrament meeting? Yup. Tithing. I was bummed and realized I should have just trusted in the spirit.

I've been studying a lot about charity recently. And trying to develop that Christ like attribute. I figured I really need to gain that attribute, especially because the scriptures tell us that if we don't have charity, we are nothing. It can be difficult to love people all the time, unconditionally. Especially when they don't keep their commitments or they flat out reject you. But I've had some very fervent prayers to be filled with that "pure love of Christ" and sometimes I catch a miniscule glimpse of how our Heavenly Father and Savior feel about us. I've had some very sacred moments when I channel that love and can hear Heavenly Father whisper to me "This is my child and I love them." I've been getting better at letting go of anger and hurt and jealousy, all negative feelings, and just relying on charity to fill me up. I am by no means an expert...yet...but I have improved a whole lot in my ability to love.

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Andelin

Evidence that Vegas is freezing--literally. It's freezing water--into ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment