Monday, February 24, 2014

January 20: Happy Birthday to my Mumma!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MUMMA!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU!!!!

YOU LIVE AT A ZOO, AND HAVE A DAUGHTER THAT'S 2 (plus 17 years)

This week has been on FIRE here. I almost need some marshmallows and chocolate, to make some s'mores with this heat!

Mmmmmm. I love these kind of weeks. 

Missionaries die for these.

Well not really.

No, no one got baptized or set with a date.

But still, it was a good week.

We had the privilege of having a lot of teaching appointments. It has been so fun! We have been blessed in abundance. There is SO much work to do here in the Palmhurst ward. And it has been so special, because we had someone tell us that they really liked us and when they met us, he thought "Yes. Now, these are our missionaries!" (He is an active member and his fiancee has been investigating the church for over 2 years.) It just meant so much to me that he had said that.

We have really started to build a lot of trust here in the ward with ward members, investigators, and less actives.

I'm lovin' it. 

Funny experience.

We meet C on the side of the road. C is somewhat of a druggie. He is friendly and open to talking with us. He doesn't make a whole lot of sense-- example: when he said he likes to plant things, so that made him like a god, except he doesn't believe that people's spirits continue to live once they're dead. His issue was one of faith--if he can't see it, he doesn't believe it. Frustrated, I turned to him and asked "C- do you love your wife?"

"Well sure I do."

"I don't believe you."

"What?!"

"I can not see your love for your wife, therefore, it does not exist."

"But I bought her this house, the car, etc etc because I love her."

"That is just a manifestation of your love for her, but I can't see your actual love. And because I can not see it, it does not exist."

Then he went on to talk about sex...yes. Our conversation went there. At that point, we tried to reign him back in. Feeling inspired, I turned to our beloved chapter in Alma 32, where Alma compares faith to a seed. I said "Hey Curly, you said you like to plant things, so you should really like this analogy that compares faith to a seed." He kept interrupting and blurting out nonsense.

Well when we realized we weren't going to get anywhere, we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. And we gave him our cell phone number on a mormon.org card. He said he was going to read it and call us when he did.

It was just a funny experience. Hopefully he really does read and call.

We had interviews with President Ahlander. That was rather exciting.


Well I love you all.

Love,

Sister Andelin

No comments:

Post a Comment