Monday, November 18, 2013

November 12: Three Musketeers

OK.

Firstly, I must say that riding bike for 6 weeks was totally worth it. That realization came, when I met with Elder

Hunt, our vehicle coordinator, at transfers and he was dangling a shiny key in front of me.

He said "Sister Andelin, this is a brand-new 2014 Chevy Cruze. You take good care of it and drive safely. You hear me?"

At this point, I'm jumping up and down like a little child.

Heck yes, I will. That baby had less than 200 miles on it when I got it.
Interesting week. Very interesting.

Let me share with yall a little about Sister Tuia. She is pretty awesome. She is half Hawaiian, half Samoan. She is pretty hilarious. And she either knows every Poly we run in to or is related to them. It's pretty handy having her around. She's crazy, but we love her. Poor girl has been sick recently though.

Interesting fact about Polys. They can get away with anything. It's true. I told this to Sister Tuia and she just started laughing and said "Yea, basically." But she can get away with doing things and then the people still love her. It's practically ridiculous :)

Ok.  

Man there is a really cool story I want to share, but I can't tell it with the time that is left. Essentially, we almost gave up on one of our investigators who we'd been trying to reach for a couple of weeks. Come to find out, she was in the hospital during that time. Anyways, we taught her again and she told us that God had answered her prayers and that she knew what we were teaching was true. And that had helped her during her time in the hospital. She had some really cool dreams, too. She told her mom and her mom thought she was kinda crazy, but her mom read Moroni Ch. 10 as well and prayed about it and received an answer. And now the mom wants to meet with us as well.

It was just really cool. And she wants to be baptized next month.

I used to be really worried when people would get baptized really quickly, because maybe they didn't know enough. But in reality-

"People don't join the church because of what they know, they join the church because of how they feel."
It's true. Once you know, you know. And we can work with that.

Also, earlier this week I was feeling kind of discouraged. I had to get something from our car (the 2014 one...which by the way, we need a really good name for it, so I'm open to suggestions). I stepped outside our front door and my foot hit something squishy. I looked down and saw a plate of banana and pumpkin bread. I turned to look at the door and saw it covered in Thanksgiving decorations. The activity day girls had decorated our door and wrote precious things on the cut-out leaves like "You're our favorite missionaries!" "I want to be a missionary like you!" "We love the scriptures!" It was so precious. I was so touched by their act of service towards us. I almost shed a tear. But it came at the perfect time and brightened my spirits. 

The Gladys Knight fireside was really cool! The spirit was so strong there. Remind me to tell you a funny story about it one day. Well actually there are multiple funny stories.

I get to go to the temple tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about that. I love the temple.

I love yall!

Thanks for being awesome.
God is so great. The gospel is true. The Atonement heals.
Love,
Sister Andelin



This was our door after it was decorated

This is our new car! ;) I wish....

No comments:

Post a Comment