Monday, October 28, 2013

October 14

I don't really even know what to say. I could pretend like everything is well here, but alas it is not.

I've been hit with a huge wave of anxiety and I'm hoping to just ride it out. I was doing great a couple of weeks ago. I actually had written a letter to yall that I never got a chance to send. And in it, I explained how my anxiety had gone away and that I had conquered it. Welp. I haven't.

And I can't take the medicine, because that is what is giving me anxiety in the first place.

But I don't want you to worry, especially you Mumma. Because I know now you're like super worried right now.
I just wanted to be honest. And let ya know that I'm struggling here.

It's kind of ironic, because other than that, I've had a great week.

I had interviews with the mission president and he told me he wants to keep me in the mission forever. He also invited me to a special leadership training that you have to be specifically invited to because he said that it is for the leaders (and future leaders) of the mission. I just feel bad because I didn't tell him about the anxiety.  Gah.
These are my internal battles.  

Sister Diaz told me how much she loved me and my personality and how the ward loves me.

Our bishop spoke in stake conference and name dropped Sister Thornock and I and how he wants sister missionaries in our ward from here on out. (With the mission president and his wife there. They later told me "It sure looks like your ward loves you. And I think he wants you to stay in this area! It is easy to see why they love you.)

The D family had their baptismal interviews this past Saturday and I got to ride in a hummer (their hummer) to the church building. That was exciting. We are really excited for their upcoming baptism this Saturday. It'll be awesome.

I get to meet Gladys Knight this upcoming week--we have a special meeting with her because she and her choir are singing in Las Vegas in the beginning of November. I'm excited about that as well.

I love you all.
Love,
Sister Andelin

No comments:

Post a Comment