Monday, October 28, 2013

October 7

This week has been good.

The D family is still on track to be baptized on the 19th. I am so excited for them, I can hardly stand it.

I'm drawing a blank as to what to write.
Don't worry about us being on a bike. We are in a nice part of town and we obey most of the traffic laws :)

Oh ok. Here's a funny story. Last night, we were coming back from a dress rehearsal meeting at the stake center. (We are joining the YW in singing in a choir for Stake Conference this upcoming weekend). So Sister W drops us off at her house, because we put our bikes in her garage. As we are getting on our bikes, I say to Sister Thornock-- "Man, I really hope Sister Taylor is going to remember to bring us some pie."

Let me explain. We had to leave dinner early to go to that meeting, so we didn't get any pie. Sister Taylor said she would drop some off at our place.

Doo doo doo (That is me trying to sing over typing) We are riding our little bikes home and all of a sudden, this big black truck starts slowing down next to us. I just figured he was trying to turn onto the street next to us. No. He is following us. The windows roll down and I hear "Sisters!" Turns out the "he", was a "she" and not just any "she" but Sister Taylor herself. She continues to say "I heard you say you wanted pie! So I'm bringing some over!"
Her windows were down in her house and she heard me talking about the pie.
Embarrassing.
However, the pumpkin pie was delicious, so it was totally worth it.

The members here totally spoil us. They are so good to us. And I love them. I think we've really gained their trust and friendship.
Also. I didn't realize, but Vegas gets COLD! I don't know if it is really actually cold, or if my body is acclimated to the 115 degree weather and so it feels cold? Either way, my body doesn't like it. And neither do I. It is especially freezing in the morning and night-time. And it is WINDY. I'm starting to have to put on chapstick every day, multiple times a day.

Luckily, I have the sweetest investigators in the world. They bought Sister T and I headlamps for bicycling, (They are our "brights") and gloves and a scarf. I think I'm the luckiest missionary in the whole world. I'm sorry every other missionary, but Vegas is the best.
Mumma, you asked about the girl from the side of the street. We've been trying to teach her, but it's been difficult. She wants us to come back, but her mom's boyfriend isn't too happy about the situation.

We have two new investigators! They are another ward member referral. MEMBERS ARE KEY TO MISSIONARY WORK! THERE IS NO OTHER WAY THAT IS MORE EFFECTIVE! HINT HINT HINT HINT

We also received an electronic referral (via text) and we have set up an appointment to go teach her tomorrow, Tuesday.
I've been feeling kind of down lately. Just going to be honest. I'm not going to sugar coat it and make it sound like a mission is fun 24/7. A mission is awesome 24/7, but not because it's easy 24/7. It's actually really, really hard. I've learned some tough lessons- the hard way. And I know Satan is working on me really hard, especially recently as well. Satan is real. He is very real. And he is powerful. But I recognize that 

Heavenly Father is real, too. And he is even more powerful. I have never prayed so much and so hard as I have the past 4 months.
On a lighter note, I love teaching. I love teaching the gospel. I love teaching the gospel with the spirit. There is no other way to teach it, except by the spirit.

Also, I LOVED conference. Especially Holland's talk. :)
We watched it at different member's houses.
The Sunday afternoon session, we were at the Paul’s. They used to live in Australia and they were good friends with the Australian speaker. And then the fly kept flying all over the place and we were laughing pretty hard.

I almost forgot about this story.
We went over to Sister D's house to read the BoM with her this past week. She was really upset when we went over.
She had ordered something online and it went to her old house. The lady who lives there now, would not give her the box she had gotten. She refused. They tried calling and stopping by. Problem is, she lives in a guard gated community so they can't get in.

She was just really upset. She said that she didn't even care about the package, but she was so upset that people like that exist in the world. And it made her sick to her stomach.
Then I received some inspiration. I gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and told her she should send it to her with a note saying something like this:

"I don't appreciate that you won't return what is rightfully mine. But here is a book and you can keep this, because I am giving this to you. It's changed my life and it can change yours."
We also found a scripture in 2nd Nephi for her to mark so that she would see it. It is the scripture mastery scripture about choosing eternal life or eternal death.
She was so excited and said she is going to do just that. She felt empowered and loved the idea.

I love you all.  Love, Sister Andelin

Last pday, Sis T and I were the queens of the world. We love each other very much

Sister Rasmussen and I here at the library. Picture taken approximately 5 min ago

So Sister Diaz gave Sis T and I gifts. She gave us head lamps to use while biking, gloves, and a scarf.
She is too sweet. I stinkin love her


No comments:

Post a Comment