Monday, February 24, 2014

January 27: Here is my letter

We really wanted to perform something together and so we decided to throw this song together for a baptism in our district for Saturday. Well our mission also just had a test run fireside last night and we asked if we could perform our song then as well. There were probably about 100 people in the audience, although it felt like a lot more! Our mission president and his wife were there- which added to my nervousness. Haha. But I thought I did pretty well given the circumstances-- I didn't really even shake at all. So many people came up to us afterwards asking if we were either- siblings, married, or cousins, or even related. So funny. But I talked to president Ahlander afterwards and he complimented me on my voice and our performance. He told me this was a trial fireside. He'd like to eventually get a fireside going for the whole west side of the Valley. But basically, it is all run by missionaries. We had a couple different performances and testimonies given by recent converts and returned less actives. The spirit was really strong! The guy playing the piano is the amazingly talented Elder Carson. He is seriously amazing!!!! He is 24 and studied this kind of stuff in school. And he just played that all, without any sheet music. You can ask him to play any song and he can do it--and then change the key to any key you ask. Random side note---I told him we have to stay friends, so he can write me soundtracks for my future movies. He laughed and said we would--and that he even wants to do that one day. He is amazing.

HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI!!!!!!!!!! I really wanted to say Hi! Your daughter is amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better companion!!! She seriously has helped me out so much with everything really. You should be proud! Which I'm sure you already are. Love you Mama Andelin!    - Sister Larsen 

Oh, by the way, transfers are today. Elder Andelin is leaving :( So sad....but president said last night that he'll put us together again sometime. Haha. Sister Larsen and I are staying in Palmhurst, but we are moving out of Grandma Davis's house into an apartment with 2 other sisters. It's going to be a party!! Also, we got called as new sister training leaders.

Hey have you gotten my package yet? It was supposed to have the memory card in there...but I still haven't found it.... it is seriously sending me into a depression. I have searched and searched for that thing. I think Grandma D might have accidentally thrown it away :(

Did you get my birthday card?

We work with amazing people here. I am just in awe all the time of the people I get to teach and work with. I feel so blessed.

I'm learning so much every day.

I'm learning that I'm so much stronger than I thought I was. I'm learning that I'm so much stronger when I'm trusting in God and letting Him help me.


Here I am too lazy to write this...luckily Sister Larsen already did.

In her words, which are now mine....

V, our new investigator is such an amazing woman! She is loving learning more about the gospel! We went to do a lesson with her yesterday and we were going to show her the Restoration DVD to help solidify the First Vision and when we got there she had already watched it plus had taken notes! She had read through the pamphlet, looked up scriptures, asked us questions. She told us about how lately she's been having a feeling that everything was going to be alright. She's not as worried as she use to be. We even got her to pray out loud for the first time in her life. It was such a neat lesson! We're excited to keep teaching her. Hopefully she musters the courage to make it to church on Sunday. We're hoping so. Sister Hammond from the ward has been coming with us and we think that she'll be able to get V to come. Fingers crossed!

Love.

Sister Andelin

Bonnie's Ranch





No comments:

Post a Comment