Monday, May 12, 2014

April 28: Ey yo fam bam and other lams

Alrighty. Here's the inside scoop into my crazy missionary life.

A) I received a new companion. Her name is Sister Nelson. And I  LOVE HER! She is amazing. And she loves to work hard and have fun. She's a cutie. It is going to be a great 6 weeks! We are going to tear it up!

B) We taught a bunch of lessons. Mainly to random people on the street. We've been working on our street contacting and talking with EVERYONE. We have seen some miracles. We taught a homeless man on the street about the Restoration and he was so prepared! He prayed at the end and the spirit was so incredibly strong. As soon as we were done, we started walking again, but I was still overcome with the Spirit, and I tried hiding my tears, only to turn to my companion and see that she had been crying as well. All bets were off and we both just cried happy tears of joy!

C) We committed Marina to a baptismal date. She is really ready, but is nervous as well.

D) Karyn and Ellie had their baptismal interviews and their baptism will be this Thursday! Karyn is a remarkable lady. She is a single mom of the three cutest kids in the world. And May 1st is symbolic to her, because that is when her mom was baptized. (Her mom has since passed away.)

E) I got to be taught by Brother Brad Wilcox! He was amazing! It was a special conference for our entire mission. And it was funny because Sister Nelson and I were totally trying to figure out and understand the 12 tribes of Israel. We had set out to do a comp study about that and then guess what?!?! His talk was ALL about the 12 tribes of Israel and it really shed some light on that and how we fit in to the picture as Latter-Day Saints, but more especially as missionaries. The picture with me and him and Hyrum was right after the meeting. During his lesson, he called Sister Nelson and I up, with a couple other missionaries to do a demonstration about the birthright and receiving the double portion. Before we left to go sit down, I saw a bag of peanut M&Ms on the podium from when they announced him at the beginning, saying that he loved M&Ms. So I asked him if I could have some of them before I went to go sit down. He said, "Of course!" and proceeded to pour some in my hands. 

He called my companion back up to the podium give some to her and I said, "Don't worry about it. I'll share my birthright with her." It was funny. At the end of the meeting when we went up to talk with him, he gave me the rest of the M&M bag. So he'll probably remember me as the M&M girl. After the meeting, we had a special lunch with the APs, ZLs, and STLs at President's house with Brother Wilcox. It was such an awesome opportunity!

Yes I got my new camera and I love it! Thank you so much for that!
Hey I was wondering if for my birthday, if I could get one more Downeast Medium white shirt, and then 2 white Medium half shirts as well? My other ones are kinda nasty now.

I love you all!!!!

I love this gospel so much.

I love my Savior.

Love,
Sister Andelin

Chillin with my bud, Brad. Brad Wilcox that is.

The Carlton Clan. I love them

Elie and Jax. Elie is getting baptized on Thursday with her Momma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment