Monday, May 12, 2014

March 3: March Madness

Attention. Attention.

I would like to say Hello.

Before I begin, I would like to extend a warm congratulations to the Trip-fest for their admittance into the best university in the world. The one. The only. BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY!!!!  (This is my shout out to my triplet cousins-Thomas, Rachel and Jacob).

Grandma Andelin- I love you!  I have to see you when I come home! Get well soon and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thank you for your attention.

So now let me begin my letter letter.

This was another very unusual week.

I had the privilege of going to the temple, doctors, MLC, and Zion's Youth Symphony.

 I shall now like to make a shout-out to Sister Katherine Forred- one of my mission mamas- who was so kind to hold my hand at the doctor's.

The temple was amazing. Gah. I love temple day. A fantabulous lady in our ward took us and then bought us lunch at the temple and I got to eat temple rolls. Mmmmm. But I am so grateful that my mission gets to attend the temple once a quarter. I have really come to appreciate and love the temple. 

MLC. (Mission Leadership Council)

I'm just going to skip over that part.

Ok. No I'm not.

I have to face my past.

Ok.

Ok.

I want the readers of this letter to think back on a really embarrassing experience. 

But not just any embarrassing experience. The kind that makes you literally still cringe inside. And want to crawl under a rock and die.

Yes. That happened to me.

Phew.

So it all started, when I started harassing the APs, by calling them sexist. (This is the first wrong step I made). Every meeting we went to, they only ever called on elders to do stuff. And my first MLC, most of the sisters were exiled to the back of the room, isolated from the rest of the missionaries (boys), because there wasn't enough room. So I called them sexists.

Well they send out "MLC agendas" a couple of days before the meeting and that is where you find out if you have been selected to be a part of the program. You have to go to a library to check the email and see the agenda. But the APs were kind enough to text us a day ahead of time and forewarn us that we had been "specially chosen".

Anyhew. We had to do a training on the "Gospel of Jesus Christ" and do a role play, using the new teaching technique, which I have not yet mastered. So it was just super nerve-wrecking, because we are sitting there, being analyzed by the best missionaries in the mission.
It was rough.

But that is ok. Now I'm over it.

Let's see....trying to put bury those awkward feelings back inside now...

Oh wait. Also, before I stop talking about MLC- Sister Ahlander authorized us to wear SANDALS from the months of April-October!!!! 

Then we had the Zion's Youth Symphony last night that we got to usher at. and that was super cool. You should research them right now on the interwebs- because they WERE AMAZING!!!! SO AMAZING!!!!


I love you all.

Keep God's commandments. They make you HAPPY. And I just want you to be happy.

I love my Heavenly Father so much. And my Savior. Without them, I am nothing.

Love,
Sister Andelin

This is one of my favorite missionaries in the mission. As you can tell, he feels the same way. Hahahahaha

The Fantastic Four at the temple

Outside of the Smith Center, for Zion's Youth Symphony

No comments:

Post a Comment