Wednesday, September 25, 2013

August 12: Successfully Didn't Fail My First Transfer

I would like to share a little bit of information with you right now at this moment. This is what I've come to realize. I super strongly dislike little dogs with a fiery passion. (I can't hate them, because that would just be wrong...but it is pretty close to a hatred.) Everyone here in Vegas has yappy furry little creatures who love to sit in your lap and lick you and demand your stroke. Then when you leave the house, you're covered in their hair. It is really quite annoying. So I never want one. I was so relieved to visit a family who has two mastiffs (sp?) that are >5lbs and in fact are more like Samson and are closer to 140lbs. But I digress, the only benefit of those little creatures, is that you know if a person's doorbell works-- if it didn't, you wouldn't hear a ruckus carrying on in the inside of the house after you rang it. Anyways, I just wanted yall to know that in case you cared how I feel about dogs.

This Tuesday, I received the news from President Ahlander that both Sister Dewey and I will be training. So we don't get to stay together. She is going to the Meadows Zone and is actually sharing a ward with the APs. I am staying here in the Spring Mountain Zone and will attempt to not corrupt this brand new missionary's poor mind. There are a total of 30 new missionaries coming in today. 9 of them are visa waiters, so they'll be leaving in a couple of weeks/months depending on when their visa comes in and then they can go to their assigned mission. 7 of them are sisters. We had a "trainer's meeting" this past Friday and President Ahlander said that in all of his training at the MTC they counseled the mission presidents that if they want to boost their mission and bring success, they need the best of the best trainers to train new missionaries. I think he forgot that part ;) But I am the only one in this batch of trainers (there have been some previously) who hasn't even finished their own training and will be training. But he, President Ahlander, really trusts me and has faith in me that I can do a good job. Not to brag or anything, but there were other sisters that don't have leadership callings or training positions that could have trained, but he wanted me. Lol. Das funny. Now the pressure is on. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn. I'm going to see how long I can fool my new companion into thinking I've been out longer than I have.
I am looking forward to this next transfer for a couple of reasons:
*I get a new car
*I get to drive that new car
*I really didn't want to leave the people here
*I am going to do a lot of stretching and learning
*I am actually also excited to train, even though I'm nervous
*I get to go to the temple
*I have a zone conference
Shout out to my homie, Jessica Johnson! If you're reading this- I love you. Sersly, I do.
So I just had a depressing thought..when I go home it'll be in the winter and will be brown. Just like it is here. Brown. I miss green.
The elders and I sang the "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" and it turned out pretty cool. But I don't think I can send it because the file is too large. Sometime you should send me a new memory card and then we can do that little switchy thing. Also, I know this is super big, but maybe also a GPS? Because I'm going to be driving now...and all you need to do is remember the incident a couple of years ago with the mission office in Virginia...yea...
We had another lesson with the D family. It never ceases to amaze me of the people who have been/ are being prepared for the gospel. Last night, after our lesson, Sis. D said "Everything you girls have been saying is exactly what I believe, but my whole life people have been telling me I'm wrong. People tell me that God is an angry and a mean God, but I've never felt that way. I've always felt like I am His daughter and He loves me." We bore testimony to her that she is His daughter and He does love her and want what's best for her. We invited them to be baptized as they came to know that what we teach is true and they both eagerly accepted. Just incredible.
Also J is progressing. She has some difficult life challenges right now that might prevent her from being baptized soon. But her interest is definitely there.
The twins are also progressing.
God is aware of each of us and wants what is best for us. Because he loves us, he has given us the gift of agency. It is such a beautiful concept, the ability to choose for ourselves. But because we are imperfect and Heavenly Father knew we'd mess up because of agency, he provided us with a Savior to redeem us from spiritual death. While resurrection is unconditional in that everyone will be resurrected, repentance is conditional in that we must follow the steps of repentance in order to receive forgiveness. But the beautiful thing about repentance is that, once we have sincerely repented, we ARE FORGIVEN and thus the Savior has saved us from spiritual death.
I love you all.
Love,
Sister Andelin

Beautiful desert morning

baby cacti

my first zone

my district (minus the elder laying across the elders) at a pday activity

No comments:

Post a Comment