Sunday, August 3, 2014

June 2: And the verdict is....

I'm staying in Palmhurst for another 6 weeks!!!

That'll be a total of 7 1/2 months of my mission in one area.

That is a long time.

I'm excited to stay. 

The other day, a less active, we have been working with, said in her prayer "God, don't take Sister Andelin next transfer. It isn't her time to go. She has too much work to do with me." 

But not gonna lie-- I'm gonna go a little crazy. Poor Sister Nelson (but she is awesomer than me)

We are going to have to do some rearranging of furniture and such, to at least mix it up a little bit.

I am the official oldest member of my zone-- well the one who has served in my zone the longest.

I'm pretty bummed because Sister Field, one of the other sisters in the apartment, is getting transferred. Now things are going to be A LOT more quiet. Especially because we just fed off of each other all the time and fueled the craziness. She will be missed :(

This next transfer, we are over another set of sisters! We will be getting 8 more sisters tonight at transfers! We lose like 22 missionaries and are only getting 12 out. The same thing is going to happen next transfer too, we lost a lot and only gain like half back.

I had the best birthday ever!!!! They really took care of me out here-- the ward, missionaries, and mission presidency. I got phone calls and texts, "cakes", and presents galore (not really, but I just like that word right there). It was quite the birthday.

Jamie is getting baptized on the 28th of June!!!! We are so excited for her!!! 

We went walking last night for a couple of hours and we taught a lesson on the street to two teenagers doing drugs. One of them was interested, the other was not. We'll see if he still is once he isn't high anymore.

We got to go to Pahrump this weekend! WOOT! That was super fun. It reminded me a lot of VA--that is prob why I will never serve there because I LOVED IT SO MUCH. Sister Larsen is serving there, so I got to see her!!! I also ate some Hamhock n' beans for dinner!

I've come to realize that I am NOT a city girl. Like at all. I want to be a farm girl. Yes. Me. Melissa Andelin the Farm Girl. Or live on a ranch. Or a zoo ;)

We had an AWESOME lesson with another one of our LAs. He is so ready to come back to church!!! Woot!!!!! We call him "Uncle B." He was a door we knocked on at literally8:59pm. We had to knock on ONE more door, before we retired home for bed. And it totally worked!

#1more


Hey there is an elder here, Elder Aldridge, who is in the Richmond stake (or maybe Chesterfield) but anyways, he goes home tomorrow. I'm giving him something and he is going to make a special delivery to yall! I'll give him your number and such so he can coordinate a drop-off! 


NO WAY. SPECIAL K IS HOME?!?!?!? GAH. I LOVE THIS CHILD. TELL HIM HE NEEDS TO WRITE ME A LETTER (PLEASE). AND TELL HIM HE SHOULD SCOUT OUT THE APARTMENTS AT BYU AND FIND A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE. SO WE CAN CONTINUE OUR CRAZY COUSIN CHARADES. 

And Rachel is coming to VA?!?! YAY!!!!! I'm so excited for her!! I keep telling Elder A, that he needs to work at the zoo the summer he gets home!!!! He says he wants to---only time will tell if he's being serious or not!


Okay.

Well bye!!!

I love you!!!

Love,
Sister Andelin

No comments:

Post a Comment