Sunday, November 16, 2014

September 15: Snoop Sisters

Hear, hear, hear.

Or is it here, here, here?

I know you all want the story.

But my lips are sealed.

This week has been quite a comical one.

I never want to be famous, just so you know.

We have been officially/unofficially nicknamed the "Snoop Sisters" by our lovely community.

It'll be great for our proselyting efforts.

Our ward members, missionaries, and people that we are working with were super excited. Our phone was blowing up with calls and texts. We even were corresponding with our mission president, Thank goodness we had permission to be there! Hahaha....that would have been awkward.

<Ring>

"Uh hey there president Ahlander. ... You saw what?!? Hmmm.... I don't think that was us.... Are you sure it was missionaries?  .... A ginger and a poly? ....I'm sure there are plenty of those in Vegas.... Ok. You caught us. We're SO SORRY!!!!"


I just honestly hope that some awesome missionary experiences come from this.

Was it President Benson that said once upon a time, let's "flood the earth with the BoM?"

Well. Hopefully that was a flood. 

Anyhew. We had some great experiences. We met a man named Charlie on the streets. We taught him about the Restoration and he was quoting scripture as we were going along. As we shared the First Vision, he said "Wow!" At the end, we invited him to pray about it and he said "I don't need to pray. I already know that what you just shared is true!"

Super cool. I know the Lord has people prepared to receive the gospel and that are ready. It's just finding them that is the tricky part. 

I had the BEST experience this week! In our ZTM, my ZLs surprised me by inviting some RCs to come speak to us about their conversion experiences. Well they invited Sister Diaz to speak. When she came in, I literally started crying! And you know what is crazy?!? That morning, as I was contemplating which outfit to wear, I decided to wear an outfit that I hadn't worn in over 2 months! Well that outfit is the one that is Sister Diaz's FAVORITE!!! There aren't words to say to express how much it meant to me to see her there! And she told me that they are getting sealed in November! (Prob my last transfer) Perfect way to end my mission.

Also. I have been working with an elder to write and finish a song de spiritual that I wrote when I was like 14 years old. It has turned out pretty cool. I'm excited. We might be performing it at the end of this month.

Welp.

I love you all!

Jesus Christ lives. He is everyone's Savior, including Snoop Dogg. He is the only way we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I know that the gospel and all of the covenants and ordinances we need to prepare us to be with God again are back on the earth. Not only are they back in the way they were intended to be, but the divine power to administer them, are back too! I know that we have a prophet on the earth today, President Monson. And I am SO eggcited to hear what he has to say in a couple of weeks.

Byeee.



Love,
Sister A

No comments:

Post a Comment