Sunday, November 16, 2014

September 29: The question really is... Am I a ginger or not?

That has been a topic of conversation in my zone these past couple of transfers.

But really.

I do not believe I am a ginger.

I have strawberry blonde hair. And freckles. 

That is not ginger status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty epic week. Remind me to tell you one day why. 

So the musical fireside was last night and an elder from my mission, Elder Fugate, and I performed a song together. It is called "I Turn to You." And it was a song I started writing when I was like 14 years old. I had forgotten about it until a couple of weeks ago and then I finished it. Elder Fugate helped me put it all together and he played the gui-tar and also sang with me.

It was so sweet, my companion's parents sent a lei and so I wore that when I performed. 

Some other random things we did were--

Clean a chicken coop

Actually that's the only other random thing I can think of.



I can't believe I already have my ticket home. That is really odd to me. Man. I'm gonna miss this life like no other. I got a little bit trunky as I watched Women's Conference and saw all the little girls holding their mamas hands. And I thought of you Mom. And how much I miss you. And then I laughed because I knew you had the same thought. (Well that is...IF you watched Women's conference yet...I just realized you were at the beach....haha) It truly was a great conference and my spirit was fed.

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend! I love conference, especially as a missionary. You just eat up every word the speakers share. 

I am coming to really understand what it means to receive revelation through the scriptures, more specifically, the Book of Mormon. 

The other night I was pleading with the Lord. I needed to know that He heard me. I knew that He did, but I needed the comfort and reassurance that He heard me that very second. After my prayer, I had the thought "Turn to Mosiah 3:4."

This is what is says
For the Lord hath heard thy prayers, and hath judged of thyrighteousness, and hath sent me to declare unto thee that thou mayest rejoice; and that thou mayest declare unto thy people, that they may also be filled with joy.

So cool. I love revelation. I know that God hears and ANSWERS our prayers-- in His timing and in His way.

Beautiful, beautiful stuff.

Love yall!!!

Love,
Sis A


Pictures-

Elder Fugate and I last night after we performed

Real height difference

Comp unity






No comments:

Post a Comment